As the Abbot-Beaver intersection project nears completion, the full-depth grinding and paving of all roads within the project area will take place over several days: May 30-31 and June 3, 4, 5. All dates are weather permitting.
On these dates drivers can expect traffic delays up to 20 minutes and/or complete closures while the roads are prepped for final paving.
Drivers can avoid delays and closures in the construction zone altogether by using alternate routes as well as Cottonwood Road to enter/exit Sunriver on the following dates.
MAY 30-31: EXPECT DELAYS UP TO 20 MINUTES
- Abbot Drive from the South Century waterfall circle to the Sunriver monument.
- Ponderosa Road from Café Sintra’s east driveway to the pathway crossing to the east.
- Beaver Drive from Starbucks to the entry driveway of Freemont Crossing.
Roads will be open but under construction conditions and unfinished surfaces.
JUNE 3: CLOSURE
- Abbot Drive between Circle 1 and Sunriver entry waterfall.
Those trying to enter Sunriver off South Century Drive will be detoured into Sunriver via Sunriver’s emergency access gate on Spring River Road near Harper Bridge and onto Meadow Road. Please use Cottonwood Road when feasible.
JUNE 4: CLOSURE
- Beaver Drive between new Beaver circle and entry driveway of Fremont Crossing.
Ponderosa Road emergency access road will be opened to local business traffic and residents along Ponderosa Road. If coming from the west on Abbot Drive, exit Sunriver and return via the waterfall circle to access Ponderosa Road businesses and homes.
JUNE 5: CLOSURE
- Ponderosa Road between Beaver circle to pathway crossing just east of Café Sintra. Local residents will need to use north Ponderosa Road access off Beaver Drive.
June 6: YAHOO!!! ALL ROADS OPEN - MAJOR CONSTRUCTION COMPLETED
- Minus some finish work, road striping, signage, landscaping, etc
We sincerely thank everyone for their patience during the construction process!